Codecs have always been a big problem for the computer users. That's because there has never been a 100% viable working solution available for the average computer user. There are several good codec package solutions out there, but none of them did everything i wanted. I was always in need of a tweak, adjustment, or even a reinstallation just to get the codecs I needed/wanted and most of the time, the file still didn't play. I've never claimed to be a media guru. My media experience is to doubleclick a file i downloaded and hope that it plays. What I do know is how to package software. So I decided to package some codecs and share them with the rest of the world. With this package all possible conflicts are already dealt with. Many user suggested default settings are implemented,
If you have a suggestion of improvement, I'm listening.
It does not contain a media player and it doesn't associates filetypes. With this package installed you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players' capabilities, to play DVD's, movies and video clips of almost any filetype. Streaming video is supported in all popular web browsers. By default you won't need to make any adjustments to enjoy a variety of media content immediately. Users have the ability to choose what is installed using the public redistributable or after an unattended install, you can select to remove specific portions without removing the entire package. Future releases will recognize previous releases and are capable of performing upgrade installations.
- replace distributed installer (no more 7zip)
- dist. size increase of 30% due to 7zip removal
- disable upgrades (clean install required)
- update XviD to 1.1.3 (Apr12/08 release)
- update ffdshow to tryouts rev 1953
- add support for .pls streaming in WMP
- add a tool to list/modify all installed codecs
- add an uninstall shortcut to startmenu
- fix rmvb (real) audio playback in Vista
- fix 'failed to load initialization file' install erro