Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Sweet Home 3D 2.0
Sweet Home 3D is a free software designed to draw the plan of a home, arrange furniture on it, and display the result in a 3D view.
This software is aimed at people who wants to design their interior quickly. The user may:
- draw the walls of his rooms upon the image of an existing plan,
- change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings,
- drag and drop doors, windows and furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories (living room, kitchen...), in which he can import 3D models created by himself or downloaded from different web sites,
- change the size, the orientation and the elevation of each piece of furniture,
- view the changes in the plan simultaneously in the 3D view, either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point,
- create a photorealistic PNG image from the 3D view,
- draw dimensions, compute areas and add texts to the plan,
- print the home plan and the 3D view, and copy the plan or the list of furniture in clipboard,
- export the plan to SVG format,
- export to OBJ format the objects of the 3D view to import them in other 3D software.